As the Beta Angel Project has reached the end of its first full year of existence, I wanted to reflect back on a few quantitative and qualitative observations from the previous year, as well as some strategic insights.
- Summarizing research takes a ton of time, but is immensely rewarding! Both practitioners and researchers have made use of the Beta Angel Research Inventory (BARI).
- Climbers apparently want to read about coaches! The coaches network is the fourth most visited section of the website.
- They also care about the research inventory (#1), data collection (#2), and (surprise!) finger strength (#3).
- The climbing community crosses borders easily, and Beta Angel is excited to take advantage of this fact through a growing number of international collaborations.
- A majority (53%) of the Beta Angel’s readers come from three websites: Facebook (27%), Rock & Ice Magazine (13%), and Reddit (13%).
- Beta Angel’s readers are very international: climbers from 91 different countries visited the website during 2018.
- Eric Hörst, a gentleman whose opinion I value, has recommended I focus my attentions. So I’m in the process of reducing the 32 Beta Angel projects down to a more manageable number.